The mission of Winnebago County is to economically and efficiently provide and manage delivery systems for diverse programs and services to meet basic human needs.
To carry out this mission, the following roles are required:
- To serve as an agent for the Federal and State Government to fulfill mandated programs.
- To provide optional community services as determined by the County Board.
- To provide programs and services in the most cost-effective manner.
- To encourage citizens awareness, participation, and involvement in county government.
- To encourage cooperation among business, government, labor, and education to solve common problems.
- To utilize community resources as a vehicle for good government.