Support Business - Promote Employment
- Support economic stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment through the payment of unemployment benefits.
- Serve businesses by recruiting and referring the best qualified applicants to jobs, and provide resources to diverse job seekers in support of their employment needs.
- Develop and distribute quality workforce and economic information to promote informed decision making.
How the Oregon Employment Department behaves and conducts business is crucial to the success of the department and the entire workforce system. Working with customers, partners, stakeholders and advisors, the Oregon Employment Department commits to the following operating principles.
- We are conscientious stewards of public resources.
- We are accountable for our actions and we admit when we are wrong.
- We are inclusive and transparent in our decision-making.
- We seek out and form effective alliances to address community needs.
- We promote a positive, safe, and learning environment.
- We work hard, and we’re not afraid to laugh.