Please note: Effective January 4, 2021, the salary range will be $56,201.60 - $81,723.20
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out more about Scottsdale.
About The Position
This classification is intended to attract and retain individuals with Master's-level education yet limited governmental experience who have a desire to serve local government. The position will be housed in the City Manager's office and will work with various city departments to provide leadership opportunities for the Management Associate gain and develop the necessary skills to become an effective local government manager and leader. The incumbent will work on strategic initiatives, projects, and programs regarding a wide range of community, municipal and administrative matters.
Education and Experience
· Master's Degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration or related field. The degree must be from an accredited educational institution.
· Three months' previous internship or work experience in government, finance, legislation, research or statistical analysis, or related field.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
· Prepares concise, comprehensive, well-organized working papers and written reports to accurately and effectively communicate conclusions and any recommendations.
· Prepares and presents materials for meetings and events.
· Analyzes issues and concerns and recommends innovative solutions, including cross-divisional problem solving.
· Interprets policies, procedures, codes and ordinances and provides oral and written information to staff and the general public.
· Participates in the planning and evaluation as part of the budget and organizational performance management processes and develops strategies and alternatives that focus on continuous improvement, innovation and change.
· Leads projects associated with improving government functions and programs.
· Leads or directs the work of part-time interns and fellows.
A completed online application is required to be considered.
Online applications will be available at the City of Scottsdale’s website in the Job Opportunities page at http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/hr/jobs from Monday, December 28, 2020 to Tuesday, January 19, 2021.