The City of Chamblee seeks a collaborative leader with strong communication and management skills. The successful candidate will direct, plan and coordinate all operations of the Community & Economic Development Department; develop policies and procedures to increase wealth in the community and generate positive brand equity; create and execute business retention, expansion and recruitment plans; prepare the annual department budget; manage the affairs of the Downtown Development Authority; market the community’s assets to investors; communicate the City’s achievements to residents, businesses and visitors; leverage partnerships with the private sector and local, regional and state governments and partners; supervise staff directly to ensure efficient and effective operation of the department.
First Review will be January 25, 2021.
For more Information click here: Recruitment Materials
- Develops and implements marketing and public relations efforts related to economic development; creates and updates marketing materials; maintains database of related information; maintains cooperative marketing efforts with a variety of local, state and federal agencies and educational institutions; organizes special events; establishes and recruits members for economic development teams and commissions.
- Identifies potential short and long term economic development opportunities; plans and coordinates strategies to implement economic development in the City; designs strategies to attract appropriate quality businesses to the City; provides management and overview of incentive projects and commissions; promotes the City to industries; builds relationships with business prospects.
- Reviews and assists in the development and implementation of the City’s economic development strategic plan; researches, analyzes and reports on economic and market trends; monitors local, state and federal legislation and regulations relating to economic development; makes recommendations regarding programs, activities, policies and procedures to further development goals.
- Develops and implements departmental budget; monitors expenditures and revenues to ensure compliance with approved budget.
- Maintains a comprehensive, current knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, codes, regulations; conducts research and maintains an awareness of new issues, methods, equipment, trends and advances in the profession; reads updates and other professional literature; maintains professional affiliations; participates in continuing education activities; attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions as appropriate.
- Attends meetings, serves on committees, and gives presentations as needed; participates on review committees, policy committees, safety committees, or other committees; represents the department at community events.
- Communicates with supervisors, other departments, business owners, public officials from other government agencies, the general public, and other individuals as needed to coordinate work activities, review status of work, exchange information, or resolve problems; responds to requests for service or assistance.
- Prepares or completes various forms, reports, correspondence, marketing materials, resolutions, proclamations, ordinances, grant applications, budget documentation, or other documents.
- Receives various forms, reports, correspondence, proposals, economic and resident data, procedures, handbooks, reference materials, manuals, or other documentation; reviews, completes, processes, forwards or retains as appropriate.
- Operates a personal computer and other general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, to include the use of word processing, spreadsheet, database, or other system software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.