We're looking for an Experienced Engineering Technician to join our Highway Design & Construction (DDC) team to conduct field surveys and mapping.
In this role you will:
- Perform surveying, data collection, and mapping for division-managed projects of various scope and size.
- Lead data management, integration of data into design files, property reconnaissance and field ties, and compute property information to determining Right-of-Way impacts etc.
- Lead route location surveys, design horizontal and vertical alignments, construction surveys, and development and analysis of three-dimensional surface models.
- Respond to the public, local government agencies, Raleigh-based staff and private engineering firms on the status and design aspects of Division highway projects
What You Bring
- Technical skills and a working knowledge of field surveying procedures using surveying equipment, robotic instruments, levels, data collectors, and GPS.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting highway construction plans.
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Strong background applying engineering concepts to solve complex problems.
- Technical computer skills using Microsoft Office and CADD drafting software including Microstation, Geopak and a familiarity with corridor modeling.
- Good at budgeting your time and coordinating schedules with others.
- Agility to transverse steep and uneven terrain.
- Have or be able to obtain a valid Driver License within 30 days of employment.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or assigned discipline
- 3 years progressive technician experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
View all NCDOT jobs at https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs