Clackamas County is seeking an Administrative Specialist 2, this position is located at the Hilltop Behavioral Health Clinic. The Administrative Specialist 2 position provides administrative support to large workgroups, programs and/or management. This position will train, schedule and lead the work of 10 support staff as well as assign and review work associated with the behavioral health clinic front office. This position may participate in the hiring of staff and/or preparing performance evaluations and requires flexibility, high attention to detail, and excellent communication skills with both staff and clients via telephone and in person.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- Experience with effective research techniques, methods and procedures
- Experience working with BIPOC/marginalized groups of people
- Experience using standard office equipment such as phone, fax, copy machine, computer, scanner, etc.
- Proficient skills in English spelling, grammar, composition and communication both oral and written
- Proficiency in math, including statistical calculations
- At least three (3) years of experience using basic public relation techniques and concepts including dealing with angry/upset people
- At least five (5) years of experience working in a healthcare setting
- Experience using strong organizational skills for office procedures, practices and equipment
- Must be able to understand, interpret and apply County and department policies and procedures
- Experience training, scheduling and leading the work of support staff; assign and review work and participating in the hiring of staff
- Experience establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with county employees and officials, contracted providers, other agencies and the public.
- Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check.
- Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- Experience working in EPIC health record
- Experience working with mentally ill individuals or those who experience substance use issues
- Experience understanding when issues must be escalated to an Office Manager level
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is preferred. (Please note: Language fluency means being capable of using a language easily and accurately. Being "bilingual" means using or able to use two languages with equal fluency.)
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
The salary range is $53,905 - $68,183 Annually
- This position will work 40 hours per week.
- Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
- Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
- This position closes on January 25, 2021 at 11:59pm.