We are looking for a dynamic internal audit manager to join our Internal Audit team.
In this role you will:
- Provide leadership to ensure audits are conducted in an efficient and effective manner.
- Lead the oversight of planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of performance, financial-related and compliance audit engagements or consulting engagements to ensure engagements are conducted in accordance with applicable professional auditing standards.
- Supervise and review the work of a team of 5 auditors to ensure audit objectives are achieved, sufficient testing is performed; and conclusions are supported.
- Provide feedback and developmental opportunities to audit staff and conduct their annual performance evaluations.
- Lead our annual risk assessment in the development of the annual audit plan.
- Participate in Audit Committee meetings.
Some overnight travel for audits and training will be required.
What You Bring
- Experience independently leading and conducting planning, fieldwork and reporting phases of performance, financial or financial-related and/or compliance audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) or International Professional Practices Framework (Standards) to include developing audit methodologies
- Skills analyzing complex data and evaluating complex processes for audit risk and audit sampling purposes; executing audit procedures; preparing succinct and accurate working papers and drafting reports of findings and recommendations.
- Experience independently leading and facilitating discussions with audit program personnel to ascertain relevant information needed to appropriately identify audit risk and audit scope.
- Skills to conduct entity risk assessments in development of an audit plan.
- Team supervising experience that includes reviewing staff auditors' work and providing constructive feedback, delegation of work assignments, effective communication and performance evaluation.
- Talent in identifying business risks, evaluating internal controls and making recommendations for improvement.
- Certifications/working towards certifications such as Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or other discipline related to the area of assignment with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework, and
- 3 years of relevant professional experience, of which two years is audit experience, or
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and certification/licensure as a certified public accountant, certified internal auditor, certified fraud examiner, certified information system auditor; or related certification/license and
- 3 years of related experience including two years of audit experience, or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Deborah Jernigan at 919.707.4570
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs