We're looking for an Entry-Level Electronics Technician to join our Davidson County Highway Maintenance Team.
In this role, you will
- Assist in the inspection of commercial driveway permits, right-of-way utility encroachments, erosion control and roadway construction.
- Perform routine project inspections to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Provide technical support to the engineering staff and perform various investigations, reviews, and assignments as assigned by the County Maintenance Engineer.
- Submit required records, reports and diaries within specified timeframe.
- Operate a state motor vehicle.
- You must obtain/maintain QMS Asphalt & Concrete Testing Certifications, Roadway Density Certifications & Erosion Control Level II.
- You must be able to obtain/maintain a valid inmate card.
- Valid Class “C” driver’s license is preferred or a Class A CDL with N endorsements.
- Safety toe shoes are required.
- You will be working inside and outside sometimes in extreme environmental conditions and encounter hazards at highway construction sites, including heavy equipment and highway traffic.
What You Bring
- Experience inspecting contract construction work.
- Basic knowledge of NCDOT driveway and encroachment policies.
- Basic knowledge of environmental permits for maintenance or construction activities.
- Experience meeting, communicating, and negotiating effectively with Contractors.
- Basic knowledge of erosion control plans and installation procedures.
- General knowledge of highway construction or design and math.
- Technical skills in use of calculators, computers, and drafting software.
- Ability to read and interpret constructions plans, contract provisions, specifications, and inspection procedures
- Notetaking skills and ability to prepare routine reports
- Proficiency in record keeping
- Good communication skills.
- Close visual acuity to read plan details, make accurate field measurements and inspect roadway and structure components.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Engineering Technology, Survey Technology or a related curriculum; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Kat Pletcher at 336-747-7800
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs