Position Title: Strategic Communication and Outreach Consultant (Senior Consultant)
Number of Positions: 1
Raftelis was founded to provide services that help utilities function as sustainable organizations while providing the public with utility services at an affordable price. With this goal in mind, Raftelis has grown to become one of the largest and most respected utility financial, rate, management, and operational consulting practices in the nation. Our continued mission is to deliver solutions that enhance the long-term success of our clients.
Working within a remote team, the Strategic Communication and Outreach Consultant is a senior consultant within the firm’s Strategic Communication practice and is responsible for providing exceptional client service in the utility and municipal sectors on a variety of projects, including developing communication strategies to help clients meet their goals, partnering with clients in both developing and executing community/stakeholder engagement strategies, providing risk communications and issue management services, participating in the creation of proposals and marketing material, and other writing as needed to support the firm’s marketing and corporate communications.
- Partner with Project Managers to counsel clients and support them by developing communication and outreach strategies and tactics that include communication planning, community engagement, traditional and social media relations, public participation, risk communications, presentations, facts sheets, etc.
- Apply superior technical writing skills to translate complex concepts into consumer-friendly documents and presentations
- Support the Strategic Communication team and Project Managers in the development and execution of project work
- Create content for client deliverables and for internal and external marketing efforts
- Participate in the preparation of proposals and presentations
- Work with graphic design staff to produce communications materials
- Contribute to the firm’s continued success by actively engaging in the utility industry and public sector to build your personal reputation, and Rafetlis’ as a trusted expert in your field
- Maintain effective, professional attributes while working with clients and colleagues
- Develop and maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Contribute to the growth of the Strategic Communication practice within Raftelis by building internal relationships and showcasing the value of the work we do
- Bachelor’s degree (public relations, communications, political science, journalism, marketing, business, environmental science, or other related fields)
- At least 15 years of progressively responsible experience in strategic communication and outreach
- Exceptional communication skills including writing, public speaking, and meeting facilitation
- Experience managing traditional and social media, and digital marketing
- Proven experience using various public participation and engagement techniques
- Diligent, enthusiastic, and team-player
- Positive attitude and customer service oriented
- Proven ability to conduct self-directed work
- Comfortable working remotely and connecting with clients and coworkers using a variety of virtual tools and software
- Willingness to travel overnight (this role requires periodic travel)
- Experience in consulting
- Experience or interest in the utility or public works sector, and/or local government
- Accreditation in public relations or willingness to obtain accreditation
- Formal training and/or certification in public participation
Working for a values-based organization focused on growth with an exceptional reputation in its industry, employees receive:
- Competitive compensation and generous bonus structure
- Excellent benefits that include:
- Company paid medical and dental benefits
- Health Savings Account with company contributions
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and Employee Assistance Program
- Discretionary paid time off program
- Education reimbursement program
- 401(k) with company contributions
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
Raftelis is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Raftelis strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
To learn more about Raftelis and apply:
Please visit www.raftelis.com. First review of applications will take place on February 26, 2021.
A resume, cover letter, and one sample of work that demonstrates your expertise in one of the required qualifications.