Grants Administrator III—American rescue plan act (ARPA) specific
Department: Community Planning Development & Innovation
Hourly Rate: $24.6304 per hour DOE
Job Status: Regular Full-Time; Non-union; Non-exempt
Details: Applicant screening will begin on June 16, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted until an adequate applicant pool has been established.
Missoula is Hiring! At the City, it is our goal to make Missoula the best place to live, work, and play.
The ARPA Grants Administrator III will administer complex and large-scale grants received by the local government, acting as the Citys expert on federal regulations and grant opportunities concerning economic development and stimulus, including the American Rescue Plan Act, American Recovery Act, and the American Family Act.
This role will act as the local government liaison related to ARPA funds, communicating with necessary federal agencies, grantees, and contract holders.
Working here will give you the ability to be part of delivering these services to our community and our businesses. Together, we redefine how government works and invite you to join, develop, and transform our community. We are committed to enhancing the opportunity and quality of life for everyone we serve and share a commitment across departments to equity and social justice as an ongoing practice to measure effectiveness.
For more information, visit the Community Planning, Development & Innovation Department website.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
The City of Missoula is committed to cultivating, fostering, and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political ideas, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Core duties and responsibilities to include:
- Review opportunities for external funding that advances the City of Missoula goals
- Assist in the development of protocols for administration, review, and evaluation performance funded by external agencies.
- Perform financial analysis for matching fund requirements; oversee review preparation and implementation of the grant application and grant awards.
- Receive and disburse funds; establish and maintain accurate accounting records; prepare periodic financial and performance reports; ensure compliance with all applicable rules and regulations.
- Analyze the performance of grant-funded activities and implement course corrections as needed; maintain and provide the information needed for audit activities.
Requirements for this job include:
- Bachelor's degree in public administration, social science, liberal arts or related field and five years of directly relevant experience in project management, grant preparation, and administration
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal grant or loan programs
- Knowledge of standard grant procedures, including proposal development and preparation, grant administration and financial reporting, and program evaluations
- Knowledge of project planning and administration, budget preparation, and fiscal accountability practices
- Skill in grant and contract development, administration, and evaluation
- Skill in conducting research, gathering, analyzing and synthesizing financial, performance, and demographic data as needed to prepare reports, presentations, and data visualization tools
- Skill in developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures to attain project goals and objectives
- Skill in utilizing standard office equipment, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies, governmental jurisdictions, local businesses, city staff, and other diverse individuals and groups of the community
Benefits of Working for the City:
The City of Missoula will reward your contributions to our community with competitive compensation and generous benefits, including but not limited to:
- Market-Competitive Salary
- Work/life balance including the ability to earn exempt comp time (additional paid leave of one hour earned for each hour worked over 40 per week)
- $0 premium coverage for employees and affordable premiums for family coverage
- $10,000 Employer-sponsored Accidental Death and Dismemberment Life Insurance Policy
- Constitutionally guaranteed retirement plan with the City contributing 8.77% of salary on your behalf and the ability to contribute to a supplemental deferred compensation program
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
- The City of Missoula may qualify you to receive student loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness. Look here to learn more and understand whether you may qualify.
Additional benefits package information is available here.
All applicants must submit a City of Missoula Application, Resume, and Cover Letter to be considered. Any unrequested document uploads will be removed before applicant screening. Only the most competitive candidates will be invited to interview.