Clackamas County Social Services Division is looking to fill a bilingual Spanish Case Manager vacancy to provide case management and support to individuals and families who are economically disadvantaged and homeless or at risk of homelessness. Case Managers help to match individual needs, preferences and eligibility with a broad range of financial, medical, social, vocational and other resources to secure housing.
Our goal is to help individuals and families that are homeless or at risk of homelessness, in obtaining safe and affordable housing, partnering with a wide variety of community resources. Case Managers work with such housing programs as Bridges to Housing, Housing Stabilization Program and a variety of other housing authority and housing programs.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience in case management or a comparable function with homeless and/or low income populations.
- Any combination of relevant experience (paid or unpaid) and education that would likely provide the required knowledge and skills, may substitute for the required years of experience.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish. (Please note: Language fluency means being capable of using a language easily and accurately. Being "bilingual" means using or able to use two languages with equal fluency.)
- At least one year using creative problem solving, with successful results, in preventing people at high risk of homelessness from becoming homeless or helping people who have been homeless access and maintain permanent housing
- In-depth knowledge, demonstrated by education, training and/or working experience, of homeless education programs, domestic violence, mental and emotional health issues including addiction, short and long-term effects of poverty, oppression and homelessness on homeless adults and families with children
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience advancing equity and diversity in a workplace or community setting.
- Must pass a post offer, pre-employment drug test.
- Must pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check.
- Driving is required for County business on a regular basis or to accomplish work. Incumbents must possess a valid driver's license, and possess and maintain an acceptable driving record throughout the course of employment.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
- At least one year of experience helping literally homeless persons access and retain private market permanent housing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Knowledge of social, health care, financial and other community resources and agencies
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
- The salary range is $48,365 - $60,943 Annually
*Bilingual skills are compensated at an additional 5%
- This position will work 37.5 hours per week.
- Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
- Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
- This position closes on June 23, 2021 at 11:59pm.