VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the "Top Ten Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs" and, for the fifth year in a row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Financial Services Manager (Finance) with an online application deadline of 07/04/2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $78,829.63 - $96,570.26 annually dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $78,829.63 - $114,310.89
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position supervises the Revenue Management and Procurement divisions. This position is responsible for providing effective and controlled cash collection and billing processes and comprehensive purchasing procedures, including a centralized competitive bidding process. This position will experience contact with internal staff members and the general public.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively communicate to a full range of people and show the ability to problem solve efficiently and be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals, and manage and prioritize multiple projects. We are looking to add a team member capable of delegating and prioritizing multiple tasks and responsibilities.
1. Administers the collection, enforcement, and audit of compliance for locally imposed taxes.
2. Oversees village licensing and compliance regulations, cash collection processes, and monthly billing for water service.
3. Manages centralized bid and RFP program for competitive purchasing needs; use third-party affiliate solution to include research, creating requests for proposals or qualifications, identifying qualified suppliers, conducting proposal evaluations, make contract awards and manage contract performance. Evaluates and approves all bid documents for compliance; obtaining legal assistance when necessary.
4. Responsible for oversight, optimization, and management of the procurement process including the approval of requisitions, purchase orders, and generation of bills list. Reviews transactions to prevent budget overages and unauthorized purchases.
5. Ensures the Village’s customer service policies, objectives, and initiatives are met. Develops service standards focused on service levels and issue resolution. Responsible for handling customer complaints and requests that are escalated.
6. Identifies process improvements and provides recommendations for implementation. Keeps abreast of modern best practices to determine feasibility within Village procedures and assists with implementing accounting control procedures.
7. Analyzes and forecasts revenue and expenditure data for variance and future trends.
8. Evaluates performance of the Customer Support Supervisor and Purchasing Supervisor. Provides input on the performance evaluations for Customer Service, Water Billing, and Purchasing Clerks.
9. Coordinates the annual update of the Fee Schedule and reviews policies related to revenue collection and purchasing procedures.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Attends meetings with other village staff, or attends Standing Committee meetings as required or requested.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or a related field.
2. A minimum of three years of financial experience.
3. A minimum of two years of supervisory experience coordinating a range of activities undertaken by others that involve directing, monitoring, and evaluating performance of staff.
4. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Ability to comprehend and appropriately apply revenue collection techniques, State statutes, and department policies and procedures. Ability to analyze and evaluate financial data and prepare reports and statements Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to follow oral and written instructions with minimum supervision.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER