How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://bit.ly/3gcmT1L by midnight EST on June 23, 2021 to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 165+ reviews.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to join the NCDOT Rail division team in our Raleigh headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Lead improvements and enhancements that benefit safety, efficiency, and improved utilization of highway-railroad crossings and related transportation infrastructure for rail, roadway, pedestrian, bicycle, and other transportation modes.
- Develop, prepare, and review complex and diverse rail and highway infrastructure improvement projects involving highway-rail grade crossing signalization and hazard eliminations, freight rail capacity and safety enhancements, higher speed and conventional passenger rail signaling improvements, and grade separations of highway/railroad intersections.
- Supervise and mentor engineering technicians, private consultants, and engineers performing highly technical project work.
- Provide technical knowledge, engineering ability, and investigative support to develop conceptual and detailed designs, engineering requirements for safety projects, implementation of proposed improvements, work task assignments, evaluation criteria, operational policy and procedural framework, and future enhancements for highway/rail transportation infrastructure improvements associated with rail operations.
What You Bring
- Expert knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering, construction and maintenance methods, and materials and equipment.
- Skills managing engineering design/reviews and data collection/management with some background in design and preparation of construction plans.
- Experience managing delegated work to staff and consultants.
- Computer skills in CADD and general office software.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, explain, and administer contracts.
May require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- A combination of education and experience.
Call me: Levonda Norman at 919-707-4715.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs