How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3x8Zx2C by June 23, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with over 165 reviews.
We are looking for a Senior Rail Service Coordinator with experience in rail passenger programs to join our team in our NCDOT Raleigh headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Support all areas of North Carolina’s passenger rail program including assisting in creating awareness and increased ridership on state-sponsored passenger trains.
- Update and revise operation policies and procedures manuals to ensure passenger service quality.
- Respond to administrative requests from station personnel and our 150-member Volunteer Train Host Association.
- Help maintain accurate and timely information provided to passengers using 1-800-By-TRAIN and ncbytrain.org.
- Create and maintain contact databases, training materials, and forms used by the passenger rail program.
- Learn and ensure that we comply with all applicable state and federal regulations, guidelines, and practices. As much of the effort will be directed to safety related issues for station personnel, train hosts, and the public, the position requires constant care and vigilance to avoid unsafe conditions or circumstances.
- Be called on, when needed, to work on weekends and holidays, and during inclement weather.
What You Bring
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to help station personnel, staff members and Board of Transportation members, media representatives, patrons and the public understand the “why” of complex technical issues related to the operation of passenger services.
- Solid attention to details with multiple stakeholders including personnel, vendors, contractors, NCDOT, other government agency representatives, and the public.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office and data management.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with agency personnel, officials, and the public.
- Knowledge of Rail program services, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to explain and interpret program information to clients/customers and staff.
- Communication skills to convey information using different media forms to stakeholders.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, and
- 1+ year of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Levonda Norman at 919-707-4715.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs