How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3izaZ3x by June 24, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
This posting is for 2 openings and your application will be considered for both of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with over 165 reviews.
We are hiring an entry-level, hard-working transportation worker to join our Cleveland Roadside Environmental team.
In this role you will:
- Work to control erosion, apply herbicides for vegetation control, and maintain plant beds.
- Install erosion control, mow, perform vegetation control and maintain plant materials along state-owned highways and roadsides.
- Operate, inspect, and maintain trucks, spray equipment, tractors, tractor attachments, mulch blowers and similar equipment.
- Use hand and power tools.
What You Bring
- Experience doing manual labor using small hand tools including shovels, rakes, brooms, post hole diggers, hammers, screwdrivers, and torches.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Can work on steep and uneven terrain and extreme temperatures.
- You may be required to work during non-traditional work hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and during emergencies.
- You must obtain or have a permit for a Class A commercial driver's license with N (Tanker) endorsement within 60 days of hire, and the full license with N endorsement within 90 days of employment.
- A pre-employment drug test is required and we will do a background check with your last 2 years of employers about drug/alcohol.
- Safety toe footwear is required.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a valid inmate card.
Education & Experience
- High school/GED diploma; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs