VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the "Top Ten Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs" and, for the fifth year in a row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Payroll Coordinator (Finance Department) with an online application deadline of 08/15/2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
STARTING PAY RATE: $31.05 - $38.03 per hour based on a 35-hour work week. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $31.05 - $45.02
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position is responsible for data input of pertinent information for all employees, including maintenance, biweekly payroll processing, tax returns, and reporting. To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people inside and outside the organization, organize time and resources effectively, and have the ability to shift gears comfortably. We are looking to add a team member capable of remaining calm and professional under pressure.
To succeed in this role, applicants will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people inside and outside the organization, organize time and resources effectively, and have the ability to shift gears comfortably. We are looking to add a team member capable of remaining calm and professional under pressure.
1. Coordinates, processes, and reviews all active employee payroll runs including bi-weekly, retroactive, longevity, commission stipends, and compensation payout payrolls. This requires the inputting of all payroll data including new employee information, address changes, direct deposit account information, salary changes, deductions, exception hours, overtime, termination/retirement payouts and tax withholding adjustments. Asserting to the accuracy of hours and adjustments entered and initiating check print process.
2. Prepares and sends all reports related to payroll including direct pays and reports for garnishments, deferred compensations, dues, mortgage verifications, monthly pension reports, flex spending, and new hire report.
3. Processes monthly, quarterly, and annual tax reporting for federal, state, and unemployment taxes. This includes the preparing and filing of W-2s and any required reporting for disability, and non-cash disbursements. Maintains insurance history totals that need to be reported annually on W-2s.
4. Organizes, maintains, and disposes of all payroll records in compliance with state and federal regulations. Involved with Human Resources regarding policy inquires or updating as needed. Assists in monitoring payroll requirements and practices in compliance with Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service regulations.
5. Monitors all employee accrual banks, postings and verify balances. Provides prompt answers to numerous employee or department inquiries.
6. Assists in the processing and inputting of employee benefits and researching the reporting requirements for these benefits.
7. Responds to requests for miscellaneous payroll calculations in relation to budget, retirement pensions, or new positions.
8. Tracks and reports on all unclaimed property.
9. Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
Provides auditors with various detailed information, i.e. schedules and processes related to payroll for the annual audit. Completes employment/salary inquiries from employee creditors. Presents during monthly new hire orientation regarding payroll in the finance department. Assists in the trouble shooting of payroll/HR system problems. Assists in the general duties of the accounting division as needed.
1. Associates Degree in Accounting or closely related field.
2. A minimum of two years of specialized experience in automated payroll functions.
3. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Working knowledge of basic accounting principles. Ability to perform mathematical computations with speed and accuracy. Ability to prepare accurate payroll records and reports.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. This positon works in a typical office setting.
2. Prolonged periods of concentration, proofreading, and extensive computer work.
3. Ability to cope with numerous interruptions.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER