Tompkins County and the City of Ithaca are looking for dynamic individual with experience using data to develop systems that center equity and promote social justice. As the Data Analyst, you will be reviewing, analyzing, and organizing data to support the implementation of the Reimagining Public Safety collaborative recommendations.
This technical position will be responsible for collaborating with County Departments and City Oices to
understand the current information technology landscape, provide recommendations for processes and
procedures to move initiatives forward and to facilitate work groups. You, the Data Analyst, will work from problem definition to implementation and provide support for the system designed as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience analyzing and communicating data using an equity lens.
- Support the integration of new information and/or technology to
implement the Tompkins County and City of Ithaca Reimagining Public
Safety Recommendations across Tompkins County and City of Ithaca Offiices
- Organize data in meaningful and easily interpreted manner for all involved
stakeholders. Analyzes system-level data through an equity-lens.
- Facilitate dialogue between departments to understand and address
- Conduct research and propose solutions for systems-level issues;
- Conduct quality assurance checks to ensure accuracy in output analyses
- Prepare technical reports and presentations that can be distilled by the
non-technical reader and reviewer;
- Translates findings into recommendations, strategy, and change management practices for impact stakeholders.
We’re seeking someone with:
- Ability to analyze, organize, and simplify complex data
- Maintains data integrity and confidentiality
- Knowledge of the practices and procedures to use data to engage our community, specifically
communities of color
- Analytical reasoning ability, resourcefulness, dependability