How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/2UduIMg by July 27, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with over 165 reviews.
We are hiring an entry-level, hard-working transportation worker to join our Division 12 County Traffic Services Maintenance team to perform preventative maintenance, repair and construction of state-maintained roads and features.
In this role you will:
- Perform manual maintenance using hand and power tools to install traffic and erosion control devices, clear right of ways and repair pavement.
- Manage traffic control, set detours and road closures.
- Plan and organize daily work activities.
- Maintain daily records and reports on all activity in your assigned area.
What You Bring
- A team player!
- Experience doing manual labor and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Experience using small hand tools including shovels, rakes, brooms, posthole diggers, hammers, screwdrivers, and torches.
- An excellent work ethic with good ability to listen, be safe, and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of and skills to install and maintain highway signs in accordance to exiting policies and procedures.
- You will be required to work in extreme hot and cold weather conditions.
- You will be subject to emergency call backs, and must be able to work days and nights during snow and ice operations and other adverse weather/extreme situations.
- You must obtain or have a Class "A" commercial driver license within 90 days of hire.
- A pre-employment drug test is required.
- We will do a background check with your last 2 years of employers about drugs/alcohol.
- Safety toe footwear is required within 30 days of hire.
- You must be able to obtain and maintain an inmate card.
Education & Experience
- High school/GED diploma; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Vlynda Greene at 980-552-4209.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs