How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3zfhiOQ by July 30, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work. Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 165+ reviews.
We are looking for a Maintenance/Construction Technician to join our Ferry Maintenance team in Mann's Harbor. Your work assignments will be moderately complex. Your work will be performed independently. Your work is subject to review while in progress. When done, it is give a final review to ensure it complies with work orders and meets our maintenance, and repair/construction standards.
In this role, you will
- Perform skilled work and specialize in at least 1 trade related to the maintenance, repair and/or construction of buildings/facilities, related equipment, and machinery.
- Work at a journey skilled trade level in an area such as carpentry, cabinet making, roofing, painting, or other trades that are less technical and complex.
- Perform work at or near the journey level in more technical trades including electrical, plumbing, masonry, heating and air, or similar specializations.
- Conduct routine/specialized safety inspections of equipment and buildings, document inspections, and perform corrective actions needed for noted issues.
- Perform preventative/corrective actions related to the Stormwater Pollution and Prevention Plan.
- Assist higher-level trades specialists in completing non-routine and complex projects.
- Provide technical guidance to other staff engaged in semi-skilled/unskilled work.
- Refer unusual work problems to your supervisor for consideration and final determination.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of the methods, practices, and materials used in general maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery.
- Demonstrated ability to operate common types of machine shop or woodworking power equipment.
- Skills using tools in more than one moderately complex trade.
- Demonstrated ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
Education & Experience
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 1+ year of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
Call me: Alma Fountain at (252) 423-5125.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
See all NCDOT Ferry Jobs at https://bit.ly/NCDOTFerryJobs