How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3zvtDyz by July 30, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
This posting is for 2 openings, and your application will be considered for both of them!
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with nearly 200 reviews.
We are looking for a Maintenance/Construction Technician to join our Maintenance Operations and Fleet Management team that:
- Develops specifications, requisitions, inspects and distributes new high-value highway construction and maintenance equipment and vehicles.
- Manages bulk purchases and distribution of equipment repair parts, road maintenance supplies, traffic signal device and office supplies.
- Performs depot level repairs.
- Modifies and refurbishes equipment and components beyond the capabilities of division technicians.
- Provides technical support for division maintenance technicians and facilities maintenance.
- Provides operator and maintenance training, equipment registration services, warranty information/coordination, budget management, surplus sales, insurance and fuels support for NCDOT divisions.
- Provides technical assistance to field units in the modification and redesign of in-service equipment.
In this hands-on role, you will
- Perform technical work of varying complexity with routine construction, maintenance and repair operations at facilities statewide.
- Develop and make adjustments to your short term assignments, schedule, and priorities.
- Be a working technician and participate in the maintenance, repair and minor renovation work to electrical and plumbing in buildings, equipment and utility systems.
- Service and maintain fuel systems.
- Engage in housekeeping, grounds and vehicle maintenance, drawing working plans for minor renovations and repairs, cost estimating of repairs and other projects, operation of water/waste water treatment plants.
- Participate in facility master planning, outside bid package development and implementation.
- Review and comment on plan sheets from outside designers and contractors.
- Monitor and inspect contractor construction and renovation projects.
- Serve as liaison to local officials/regulatory agencies.
- Participate in overall management/policy making for the facility/agency.
- Inspect the facility/agency for maintenance needs and safety hazards.
What You Bring
- Working knowledge of the standard practices and methods of electrical and plumbing services.
- Working knowledge of building codes and all other rules and regulations governing repair, maintenance and construction of facilities.
- Demonstrated ability to read and work from blueprints, sketches, and schematics.
- Demonstrated ability to train, direct and supervise subordinates and establish/maintain effective working relationships.
- Skills to independently analyze and interpret policy/policies to address questions and resolve problems.
Education & Experience
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 1+ year of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- We may require current certification by the Environmental Protection Agency as a Type I, II, III or Universal technician.
Call me: Cassandra Coxwell at 919-835-8018.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs