The City of Aspen is Hiring a Management Analyst
Apply now at www.cityofaspen.com
Title: Management Analyst II/Senior
FSLA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $56,139.20 – $92,580.80 - Salary Offer Dependent on Qualifications
The Management Analyst performs intermediate to advanced level work to enhance organizational excellence and innovation at the City of Aspen. Further, this position models the organization’s core values and mission in all interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leads cross-functional teams in crafting approaches to solve a variety of complex business problems and achieve organizational excellence. Guides departments in managing the transition from study to implementation and results. Applies facilitation, project management, business process improvement and innovation tools and techniques.
- Serves as a technology/process improvement consultant and project manager for internal city stakeholders, addressing a wide variety of complex topics and needs. Establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key partners.
- Manages a substantial portfolio of projects according to level, while requiring minimal supervision. Researches and develops recommendations for new or improved work processes, policies, and methods. Plans and assists with the implementation strategy. Prepares written reports to summarize projects, research, analysis, and recommendations.
- Represents the Strategy and Innovation and the City Manager’s Office (CMO) on internal and external initiatives where the City is a stakeholder. As needed, responds to work requests that do not fall directly into the categories above, but which require a similar level and type of skills. May provide training and other support to departments related to organizational improvement.
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people with respect, acknowledges opportunities for improvement, and follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater impact together.
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen’s unique culture, opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication.
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support technological advances and innovation.
- Two to three years of progressively responsible professional experience in analytics, which must have included analyzing management problems and recommending solutions and implementation strategies. Work must demonstrate progressively increasing level of independence and opportunities for lead project work.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, data analytics, quantitative methods, public administration, program evaluation, or another relevant field.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and have a basic understanding of computers and online computer-based technology applications, which includes accessing web-based platforms.
- The ideal candidate will have a master’s degree in business administration, public administration, or a related field and/or training in innovation, program evaluation, process improvement, LSS or other improvement methodologies.
See full job description here
* Please note that any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Health and Wellness Benefits, including Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance.
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Cafeteria Benefit
- Wellbeing Program and Incentives
- Homeowner’s Down Payment Assistance
- Competitive 401(a) Employer Retirement Contributions
- Flexible Schedule
- Discounted Ski Passes
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave
To submit your application, visit www.cityofaspen.com
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.
The application must be filled out completely; stating "see resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application.
Direct any additional questions or inquiries to our Senior Human Resources Business Partner by emailing email@example.com
The City of Aspen is an Equal Opportunity Employer