Job Description: Customer Success Trainer
Role: Customer Success Trainer
Reports to: Customer Success Manager
Priority based budgeting (PBB) is a leading best practice in local government and a powerful lever for change. ResourceX provides the software solution and powerful analytic tools to implement a Priority Based Budget, developing and applying program level data to exponentially improve results for citizens and the community.
ResourceX has partnered with over 200 local government organizations (cities, counties, special districts, school districts, etc.) across North America) and is recognized as a leading practice by the International City/County Management Association (ICMA), the National League of Cities (NLC), and the Government Finance Officer’s Association (GFOA).
Our goal is nothing less than to fundamentally change how resource allocation decisions are made in local government. And are actively doing so! Our partners and clients are achieving upwards of 13% resource reallocation and repurposing year-on-year. And expanding programs most aligned with community priorities and funding new programs to meet new community needs (climate change, equity, sustainability, COVID, homelessness, addiction, etc.).
The purpose of our work therefore is to create a practical vehicle to discover and take advantage of every opportunity to free-up and reallocate resources, as well as to maximize new revenue, in order to fund the programs required to produce a better future.
Priority Based Budgeting (PBB) is a common sense, data-driven, strategic alternative to incremental budgeting. The philosophy of PBB is that resources should be allocated according to how effectively a program or service achieves the goals and outcomes that are of most significant value to the community.
PBB provides organizations the opportunity to learn and communicate what they do, understand the true costs of the services provided, identifies the future of all programs, and positions the organization to be strategic in funding current and future programs. All built upon a program level data platform.
ResourceX supports organizations through their implementation of Priority Based Budgeting. To support PBB, ResourceX has developed a scalable and replicable approach to training and support for the clients we serve. Through a Data Insights Action approach, the Customer Service Team is the driving force for customer success.
ResourceX is seeking a dynamic professional with a passion for helping government leaders and entire organizations successfully implement and apply Priority Based Budgeting. The Customer Success Trainer will lead a portfolio of client organizations by delivering a core set of training resources to build the PBB capacity of local government leaders to use program level data for decision-making and budgeting. The Customer Success Trainer will deliver these trainings in order to support and educate clients through the development of a core program level data platform, performing program insights by utilizing the PBB Blueprint, and ultimately “taking action on the data” to ensure clients meet their established goals.
This work will involve leading client training through virtual environments, in person training (post-COVID as applicable), and guiding organizations through the ResourceX Learning Management System (LMS). The Customer Success Trainer will also assist in further developing training materials; determining the optimal format for delivering them; assisting in the planning and delivery of internal/external training sessions; and distilling learnings to continually improve the impact of this training for maximum client success.
The Customer Success Trainer will be responsible for:
• Delivering core training to support clients to build their capacity to develop and apply program data
• Deliver training and support on topics such as developing a program charter; developing program inventory, costing, and scoring; applying program data to the PBB Blueprint; perform program insights workshops; and assess client progress towards PBB Mastery goals
• Lead clients to PBB budgeting and decision-making success by providing training and support in alignment w/ client and PBB Mastery goals
• Advise Customer Success Leader on ways to make clients more successful, and streamline the training process
• Advise clients of consulting services available, to aide in their success
• Contribute to the creation of a shared company definition of client success, and evaluates clients according to their level of achievement
• Contribute to company strategy discussions as an influential team member, bringing lessons learned from client direct experience
• Working with internal staff to familiarize them with the training materials and deliver targeted internal trainings to staff as relevant
• Evaluating training sessions to distill and document learnings and best practices in order to continuously improve training curriculums
• Identifying innovative ways to improve training content and provide better capacity building assistance to clients
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications.
• Direct experience providing training, learning, and coaching to public and/or private sector leaders
• A thorough understanding of program evaluation, data analysis, investing in priorities, concepts and applications of repurposing resources and related areas
• Relevant experience, with a preference for experience working in government, research or policy organizations/think tanks, higher education, advocacy and/or other mission-driven organizations
• Experience in government service delivery, policy development, and/or budget process
• Demonstrated commitment to the ResourceX mission and vision
Skills and Abilities:
• Highly motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently
• Outstanding project management skills, including strong capacity to manage and coordinate simultaneous projects while successfully prioritizing multiple tasks
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to establish and implement systems to ensure the successful completion of projects
• Well-developed analytical skills with an ability to synthesize concepts into concise, and actionable training materials; Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Comfort in presenting to large and small unfamiliar audiences in a variety of environments; ability to facilitate large and small groups
• Proven ability to work with diverse teams
• Ability to think proactively, take initiative, and see tasks through to completion
• Advanced skills in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word; familiarity with a variety of software platforms (Keynote); ability to use HubSpot (preferred)
• Six Sigma White Belt certification is preferred but not required
This is a full-time position at 40 hours per week. This position will be based remotely. Position requires some flexibility to support clients across multiple time zones. Some travel may be required (due to COVID ResourceX has temporarily suspended all travel).
Salary range and benefits package: Competitive. There may be instances where the Customer Service Specialist is asked to travel and work additional and/or flexible hours.
Position Reporting Relationship
The Customer Success Trainer reports to the Customer Success Manager.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email should read “YOUR NAME – Customer Success Trainer.” Please note that your cover letter should be no longer than one page and specifically detail your interest in this position. Please include desired salary.
ResourceX is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages people from minority groups and diverse backgrounds to apply for positions within our organization.