The City of Norfolk is seeking a Management Analyst II to join an exciting opportunity with the new Department of Housing and Community Development.
The Department of Housing and Community Development oversees a variety of housing and community development programs and services for those who wish to be a part of the City of Norfolk's vibrant communities. The department seeks to provide opportunities for City of Norfolk residents to live in safe, quality, affordable housing by developing, preserving, and revitalizing communities through responsible and transparent processes. Join us as we work to build great neighborhoods.
Work involves coordinating the sale of vacant city-owned residential property, managing the real estate auction process, and preparing and submitting contracts in conjunction with the City’s legal staff. The following duties are not intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Serves as the departmental coordinator of the real estate auction process by working with the IT department on implementation of software, coordinating system upgrades, managing, resolving and communicating project status to employees, property owners, and relevant departments.
- Reviews and maintains departmental policies and procedures by revising the operating procedures manual, studying and recommending strategies to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness in the Department of Housing and Community Development, developing goals and objectives and composing and distributing monthly reports.
- Develops and recommends strategies and policy alternatives by performing analysis and presenting findings to management to obtain consensus. Solicits the assistance of various city personnel and consultants to accomplish project objectives, provide analysis and develop documents consistent with project plans. Prepares materials to solicit bids and other offers and monitors the progress and quality of the work.
- Designs and coordinates studies and projects by collecting and analyzing data on processes and problems, conducting research projects, addressing management decisions related to personnel, policies, procedures and organizational structure, compiling and presenting findings, recommending improvements and assisting with their implementation.
- Manages planning and reporting processes by tracking key department assignments, outlining tasks and deliverables and providing management with solutions and alternatives. Maintains positive working relationship with other City departments. Works directly with Directors, Assistant Directors, administrative support and Bureau Heads to reach the City Manager's goals and objectives.
- Assists in administrative duties by answering telephone calls, updating files, preparing correspondence, review and routing of policy and various reports, developing and preparing proposals and contracts, assist in preparing for presentations, organizing meeting agendas, meeting with various directors and commissions, summarizes and reports on agenda items and coordinates meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field. Knowledge is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Three years experience in data analysis or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess:
- Experience in real estate or a related field.
- Prioritization and organizational skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- The ability to handle confidential information.
Additional Information & Requirements
- Valid Driver's License may be required depending on assignment