It is a great time to be in Pflugerville! Pflugerville, Texas is a vibrant, growing community in Travis County, south of Round Rock and north of Austin. Over the last decade, the City's considerable growth rate has created abundant cultural, entertainment, and recreational opportunities. Pflugerville's more than 74,000 residents enjoy living "where quality meets life." The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Emergency Management Coordinator that will exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: positive, forward-thinking, integrity, resilience, service, and teamwork. See the essential duties and responsibilities below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, implements and updates emergency management and mitigation plans to ensure the City complies with State and Federal requirements.
- Coordinates staffing and directs activities of the emergency operations center.
- Responds to Emergency Operations Center when notified of emergency conditions.
- Evaluates Emergency Operations Center operations during emergency operations exercises and/or actual disasters and makes recommendations for improvement to the City Manager and appropriate departments.
- Provides emergency preparedness training and management of Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) within the City and its wider community.
- Responsible to ensure the City's NIMS compliance efforts are maintained.
- Maintains the FEMA approved Hazard Mitigation Action Plan (HMAP). Communicates emergency operations plans to appropriate local groups to coordinate response planning with City operations. Responsible for the COOP/COG program development and implementation.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and monitoring of applicable operating and capital project budgets. Prepares and submits program funding documentation and coordinates grant proposal activities related to Emergency Preparedness. Other duties as assigned and necessary to the success of the overall preparedness of Emergency Management, the City of Pflugerville's personnel and citizens.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university with major course work in a field related to the job.
- Relatable Work Experience: Minimum three (3) years of emergency management experience or related field required and knowledge of NIMS and ICS.
- Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s):
- Certified Emergency Manager (CEM) competency-based certification or ability to obtain within two (2) years of employment. FEMA IS 700, 800 ICS, 100-300
- COOP/COG certification a plus. MEP status is preferred. Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate Texas Driver's License.
- Must obtain FEMA Professional Development Series within 18 months of hire.
- Preferred Qualifications: N/A
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply!