It is a great time to be in Pflugerville! Pflugerville, Texas is a vibrant, growing community in Travis County, south of Round Rock and north of Austin. Over the last decade, the City's considerable growth rate has created abundant cultural, entertainment, and recreational opportunities. Pflugerville's more than 74,000 residents enjoy living "where quality meets life." The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Accountant that will exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: positive, forward-thinking, integrity, resilience, service, and teamwork. See the essential duties and responsibilities below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare, or assist in the preparation of, financial statements and reports pertaining to departmental or City activities. These activities may include but are not limited to: cash receipt accounting, funds investment, fixed assets, accounts payable, journal entries, general ledger reconciliation, cost accounting, bank reconciliation, bond balancing, and capital project accounting.
- Prepare financial statements and operating performance reports, including various monthly or summary financial reports, for management, Council, and department managers.
- Maintain and update records of fixed asset purchases; perform physical inventories and inspections of fixed assets.
- Record financial transactions by creating journal entries.
- Perform a monthly review and balance various general ledger accounts and financial reports including but not limited to: accounts receivable, accounts payable, credit cards, and bonds.
- Oversee the City’s petty cash funds and ensure departmental compliance with policies and procedures related to the petty cash program.
- Assist in preparation of the City’s annual budget, CAFR, PAFR, and related documents.
- Develop or modify written procedures relating to departmental accounting processes.
- Prepare special reports or conduct research as requested by department management.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and safety rules.
- Become thoroughly familiar with every aspect of departmental processes and act as a backup to other department functions.
- Prepare monthly fiscal reports, special reports, and annual reports and returns relating to assigned accounts. Maintains, reconciles, and audits a variety of ledgers, reports, and accounting transactions to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor and balance various accounts including verifying availability of funds and classifying expenditures; research and analyze transactions to resolve problems relating to accounts.
- Responds to and resolves difficult and sensitive citizen inquiries and complaints.
- Assists City department heads with planning and monitoring of budgetary expenditures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, and/or related field
Relatable Work Experience: 1-5 years’ years progressively experience in finance and/or accounting role.
Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): N/A
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply!