It is a great time to be in Pflugerville! Pflugerville, Texas is a vibrant, growing community in Travis County, south of Round Rock and north of Austin. Over the last decade, the City's considerable growth rate has created abundant cultural, entertainment, and recreational opportunities. Pflugerville's more than 74,000 residents enjoy living "where quality meets life." The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Applications Systems Administrator that will exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: positive, forward-thinking, integrity, resilience, service, and teamwork. See the essential duties and responsibilities below.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains and modifies enterprise software systems to support user needs; analyzes user requirements and defines specifications; plans, recommends, develops, tests, and implements solutions and enhancements.
- Serves as a technical resource to system users, providing assistance and support of various enterprise software systems; troubleshoots and/or resolves questions and problems; tracks and follows issues through to resolution, including communication to all stakeholders.
- Consults with management and staff to identify business needs and evaluate system impact; analyzes existing processes or procedures; provides input and suggestions including refining business requirements and alternative approaches.
- Creates and maintains business workflow rules for functionality and approval within the system. Performs application configuration duties, including creating and managing application workflow and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC).
- Coordinates training on a routine basis for new application users, provides ongoing training to existing end-users, and continually develops training on new processes and upgrades.
- Develops and maintains documentation of updates and creation of roles, business workflows, application security, and data access for the ERP application. Creates and maintains user guides and ensures they are accessible to system users.
- Submits support tickets to vendor support for unresolvable system errors, new processes, and overall application questions. Monitors support tickets and work with vendor support for the resolution and final close on open support tickets.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Formal Education: Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field.
Relatable Work Experience: Two (2) years of experience managing ERP solutions and five (5) years of experience working with computers and office software.
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the duties of the job may be considered
Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): N/A
Preferred Qualifications: N/A
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply!