VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court
Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 75,936 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of the City of Chicago. The community is the base of the second largest concentration of retail, office and commercial activity in the state of Illinois. Of special distinction, the village was recently named one of the "Top Ten Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine, is ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs" and, for the fifth year in a row, received the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in a variety of departments within the organization, such as police, fire, public works, engineering, finance, human resources, cultural services, community development, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Engineering Division Manager (Engineering & Public Works) with an online application deadline of 10/31/2021.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received.
SALARY RANGE: $106,736.00 - $154,773.00 annually dependent on qualifications.
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position administers the Engineering Division and supervises the work of Engineering Division personnel. This position is responsible for the planning and the implementation of the Village’s Capital Improvement Program assists the Director in administering the activities of the department, performs professional engineering tasks, and attends meetings and conferences in the absence of, or at the direction of, the Director.
The ideal candidate will help create a collaborative environment utilizing exceptional communication and organizational skills. The position takes on a leadership role and is provided considerable latitude in the planning, development, and implementation of the Village's robust capital improvement program. Additionally, the candidate shall have excellent analytical and technical skills, proven problem-solving ability, and the ability to use sound judgment in effective decision-making.
1. Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
2. A minimum of five years of experience in the field of civil engineering, such as that gained with a municipal or private engineering firm or department, or as a contractor or consultant specializing in engineering for land development or public improvement projects.
3. A minimum of three years of managerial experience coordinating a range of activities undertaken by others that involve directing, monitoring, and evaluating performance of staff and the responsibility of managing and implementing large capital projects.
4. Licensed Professional Engineer by the State of Illinois.
5. Possession of a valid driver’s license.
6. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred within the first six months of employment.
Considerable knowledge of civil engineering principles. Working knowledge of contract requirements and contract management. Working knowledge of construction methods, materials and techniques. Ability to make effective verbal and written presentations. Ability to establish good working relationships.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. This position works in a typical office setting.
2. Prolonged periods of concentration such as preparing reports, data analysis, proofreading, preparing contract documents, calculation, reviewing site plans, interpreting plans and specifications, etc.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.