The EMPA Program Manager will have primary responsibility for supporting co-managing of the Executive Master of Public Administration (EMPA) Program. The Program Manager manages the EMPA program recruitment and student process retention management from admissions through graduation, as well as maintaining an EMPA alumni network. The Program Manager works with faculty, staff, consultants, students, alumni, and community partners to assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of CPS programs and projects. The Center’s portfolio includes professional development certificates, non-credit seminars and conferences, degree and certificate programs, fellowship programs, international programs, as well as research and consulting projects.
- Bachelors degree and 3+ years related experience.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with a focus on managing needs of multiple programs, deadlines, and program leaders, staff, and participants.
- Experience and high comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn new software. Knowledge of document creation, word processing, data entry, record keeping via various software applications; intermediate MS Office skills.
- Ability to prepare budgets and implement programs within budget.
- Successful completion of background check.
- Masters degree with 1+ year in adult education or a related field.
- Experience with recruitment and student process management from admissions through graduation.
- Ability to work interdependently in a team environment and effectively engage and collaborate with diverse people.
- Experience and high comfort level communicating with senior level leaders at local, state, federal, tribal, and international levels of government and nonprofit organizations.
- Strong analytic skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Emma, Drupal, Adobe Acrobat Professional, BANNER, Destiny, and Cognos preferred.
- Ability to forecast program revenue and expenses and to implement programs within budget.
- Marketing experience and ability to effectively leverage social media channels (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to achieve program marketing and recruitment goals.
- Experience working in higher education and/or knowledge of academic and administrative procedures and practices within universities.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement
- Adheres to all PSU’s policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
- Contributes to a culture of environmental stewardship, practices resource conservation, and actively works toward achieving long-term sustainability goals.
- Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm, with some evenings and weekends. During academic terms, some Saturday hours will be required, with the ability to adjust weekday schedule to account for Saturday work.
Total Compensation Range & Benefits Statement
The starting annual salary rate for this position will be $51,264 with an excellent benefits package including 95% premium paid healthcare; a generous retirement and vacation package; and reduced tuition rates for employee, spouse or dependent at any of the Oregon University System schools.
Please visit our total compensation calculator to see the full value of our benefits package: https://www.pdx.edu/human-resources/psu-total-compensation-calculator