How to Apply
You must apply online at https://bit.ly/3D8buZt by Oct 29, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with nearly 200 reviews.
We are looking for an advanced bridge safety inspector to be our team leader of a 2-man bridge inspection team.
You will be conducting inspections on all types of structures in the Moore county area. You and your team will be carrying out detailed inspections on bridges, light standards, culverts, pipes, sign supports & overhead walkways and preparing reports from your inspections.
The reports are used to evaluate the structural integrity and structures' capability to support loads by the traveling public and natural forces.
You will also:
- Train new inspectors.
- Schedule and plan your team's activities with bridge priorities.
What You Bring
- Completion of NBIS Two Week Bridge Inspection Course (FWHA-NHI-130055) Learn more at https://www.nhi.fhwa.dot.gov/course-search?course_no=130055
- Experience with Topside Bridge Inspection including Bridges, Pipes, Signs and Culverts.
- Working knowledge of Bridge Inspection Equipment, i.e. Hydra Platforms, Man Lifts, Snooper Trucks and Boats.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Experience drafting, sketching, and writing reports.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Civil Engineering Technology, and
- 4+ years experience in the inspection, construction, design, or maintenance of major steel or concrete bridges or other structures; or
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 5+ years experience in the inspection, construction, design or maintenance of major steel or concrete bridges or other structures; or
- An equivalent combination of training and directly related experience.
- Candidates with bridge safety inspection experience and progressive experience in the inspection, construction, design or maintenance of major steel or concrete bridges or other structures.
- 5+ years inspection experience.
- A valid state Driver's License.
- You will be working outside on bridges of considerable height and be exposed to snakes, spiders, insects, and poisonous plants.
- Safety shoes will be required as a condition of employment.
- Your work will be in situations that are hazardous in their nature including traffic congestion, working on slopes, climbing high steel, working in confined areas, and working above water on scaffolds or on a snooper crane.
- Successful completion of FHWA-approved comprehensive bridge inspection training and/or tunnel inspection training is required for above water Team Leaders.
- For Underwater Applications: Advanced SCUBA diving certification issued by a national diver certification association such as the National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI) or The Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), and 100 hours of verifiable underwater diving experience (e.g., log entries) is needed.
Call me Kristy Lacayo at 919-707-6404.
Follow NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs