As a member of the City of Naperville’s Procurement Team, the Contract Specialist performs procurement contract maintenance and support functions related to contract monitoring, research, preparation, and processing of contract development, modifications, extensions, renewals, limit increases, and price adjustments.
· Reviews contracts, submitted bids and proposals for accuracy, completeness, adherence to specifications and regulations, language and terms and other contractual matters;
· Assists the procurement function and advises internal and external customers concerning procurement procedures and requirements used in the competitive bid, Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and other methods of procurement;
· Conducts follow-up with vendors before and after contract award including, but not limited to, issuing award letters, securing certificates of insurance, bonds and other required supplemental documents for submission, review, and processing;
· Proofreads contract-related documents for accuracy, examining them for correctness and other considerations, and recommends solutions;
· Trains and assists internal customers in entering detailed vendor and contract data;
· Maintains contract records and files and prepares ad-hoc reports on contracts, expenditures and related contract information;
· Monitors contract expiration dates and processes contract modification requests including, but not limited to, needed time extensions, vendor limit increases, price adjustments and closeouts.
· Assists in collecting, tracking and reporting vendor and subcontractor data;
· Administers city-wide contracts and coordinates the preparation of material and service order requests;
· Makes recommendations on changes in contracting strategy, including consideration of consolidations of inter-governmental cooperative approaches.
Required Credentials and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or a minimum four years of equivalent experience in either procurement, law, compliance or contract management may be substituted for this requirement
· Two years of experience in either purchasing, legal, compliance or contract management
Preferred Credentials and Experience
· Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Tyler Munis, Central Square (Sungard) or similar ERP system
· Local Government (or public sector) experience
· Paralegal, Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or Certified Public Procurement Buyer (CPPB)
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.