The City of Naperville is looking for a customer service centric individual to provide technical support to end users in the Police Departments by solving computer and network related issues. The PC Tech is part of an IT team that understands the complexities and advantages of working in a customer centric environment and as such the PC tech will be expected to help implement, maintain, support, and upgrade end user computing devices. The IT Department is responsible for nearly 1,000 end user computing devices, of which 800 are mobile clients. A flexible work schedule and the ability to work an early morning shift (~5:30 AM – 2:30 PM) M-F or late afternoon shift (10:00 AM – 7:00 PM) is an essential requirement for the role as well as the ability to quickly respond to critical police department technical issues.
· Assists end users with software and hardware operational problems and performs diagnostics using a variety of system utilities.
· Performs required proactive maintenance of computer hardware and software
· Installs personal computer hardware and software and configures personal computers to work on the City’s Network.
· Provides in-car support for technology components of Police cars this includes: printers, microphones, and cameras.
· Responds to user requests for assistance.
· Responds to and tracks issues through IT help desk system.
· Partners with other public safety or city IT team members through strong teamwork and collaboration skills
· Provides individual training on use of common applications used by Police Department employees.
· Contacts vendors for solutions to hardware or software related issues.
· High school diploma (or equivalent)
· Two years of computer experience or related technical training beyond the high school level.
· Experienced with Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
· Possess a sufficient working knowledge of computer networks and their respective topologies and protocols.
· Pass background check
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.