The City of Naperville is looking for a Training Specialist to be part of a Safety team that will provide field and classroom training to City employees on a variety of Safety topics. The individual hired into this Training Specialist role will be equipped and provided with the training to complete various specialized training for all employee groups.
· Delivering field and classroom training to City employees in areas such as:
o CPR/First Aid
o Confined Space
o Electrical Safety
o Fall Protection
o Flagger Training
o OSHA 10-hour and 30-hour Safety Awareness Training
o Safe Driver Training
· Monitoring and supporting the design and delivery of specialized training material by training contractors and subject matter experts.
· Maintaining training records - attendance, announcements, participant feedback and related documentation for compliance and historical purposes.
· With the direction of the Senior Training Specialist, perform needs assessment tasks including employee surveys, task analysis and learning measurement, and recommend new or updated training topics.
· Minimum of three years of experience in training (specialized experience is not required but a desire to learn and develop expertise is essential)
· Willingness to develop and deliver safety and/or construction training as noted in the responsibilities
· Ability to provide site-specific training in areas that may require exposure to dirt, drafts, fumes, noise or extreme temperatures.
· Ability to travel between work sites.
· Ability to occasionally lift and transport objects weighing 5-20 pounds.
· Experience in construction/field work.
· Certification in relevant training/assessment methods (i.e., OSHA 500 or 501, CPR/First Aid Instructor)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Construction Engineering, Education or a related field.
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
APPLY ON-LINE AT:
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
CLICK HERE for the City of Naperville’s EEOP Utilization Report
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.