How to Apply
You must apply online at https://bit.ly/3Dikefs by Oct 22, 2021 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200 reviews.
We're looking for an experienced Electronics Technician to join the NCDMV License & Theft Logistics team.
In this role, you will
- Assist in acquisition, assignment, and maintenance of vehicles.
- Order, install, and troubleshoot law enforcement vehicle emergency operating equipment, other aftermarket law enforcement vehicle equipment and Mobile Date Terminal (MDT) or Mobile Computer Terminal (MCT) systems.
- Assist our Supply and Logistics team with general warehouse duties.
- Provide logistic support to our statewide operations and occasional support to other program areas.
What You Bring
- The highest integrity overseeing our operations to ensure that inventory controls are maintained at a high standard.
- Experience installing telecommunications support equipment and aftermarket equipment for law enforcement vehicles.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, and repair equipment using test equipment to maintain proper working condition to ensure the safety of all civilians and personnel in accordance to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) regulations.
- Experience locating, ordering, installing, and testing of Mobile Date Terminal (MDT) or Mobile Computer Terminal (MCT) systems.
- Experience planning, installing, and adapting of electronic equipment such as, emergency lighting equipment, MDT equipment and radio equipment, while maintaining the integrity of the vehicle's electrical system in accordance with National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Experience maintaining data in a Microsoft Access database of all installed equipment and maintaining an organized picture identification filing system using a computer and color printer.
- Skills preparing and maintaining operating and special reports as required by NCDMV and the FCC.
- Experience working with government agencies and non-State Agencies for acquiring quotes and ordering equipment, supplies, and making recommendations for existing equipment improvements.
- A valid State driver’s license.
Education & Experience
- Associate's degree in Electronics, and
- 2+ years experience repairing/maintaining complex electronic systems, including some responsibility for the design of electronic apparatus; or
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
This position will start in our Raleigh office and move to Rocky Mount in Spring 2022.
Call me: Pam Norfolk at 919-615-7033.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all DMV full time jobs at: https://bit.ly/mydmvjobs
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs