The County Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Manager collaborates with key stakeholders to design, implement and evaluate diversity, equity, and inclusion programs and policies to align with organizational values, priorities, and goals. The Manager will develop, implement, and manage a strategic framework under which the county's approach to equity, inclusion, and diversity will be formalized, revised, and advanced. This position reports to the County Manager.
Among other duties, the Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Manager will:
- Provides consulting, training and coaching for employees and managers on equity and inclusion issues across all service areas.
- Work collaboratively with county departments and partner agencies exercising broad direction over equity work across all county functions.
- Serve as the knowledge leader and the catalyst for change in the field of equity for underrepresented groups.
- Create strategies, reports, and performance metrics for diversity, equity and inclusion in all areas including budget creation, economic development, community development, purchasing, recruitment, retention and employee development.
- May also serve as a dispute/resolution hearing officer in matters related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.