View the full posting. This position has the option of a hybrid work environment that allows working both remotely and on site.
Essential Duties and Tasks
- Communicates the Town's programs and initiatives to the public using a variety of means; prepares and publishes information about programs and initiatives; creates graphics in support of materials for Town and department-specific services.
- Partners with Town departments to assist in creating messaging strategies and content;
- Builds photo / video archive, uses this media to assist in story-telling and promotion of town programs.
- Assists in maintenance of the Town's external websites, ensuring current information; trains Town staff in website content updating; maintains the Town’s intranet and develops internal forms needed to promote internal communication or event registration.
- Assists in the maintenance of the Town's official social media presence, posting relevant information and analyzing effectiveness. Serves as back-up for responding to after-hours messages and questions via social media.
- Researches and assists in implementation of tools and/or processes that increase staff efficiency.
- Researches and assists in implementation of emerging technologies in order to stay relevant with the Town's audience.
- Assists with planning for some special events, as needed.