The CRPA is an Agency of the Centre Region Council of Governments (COG) in the State College area of Centre County, PA. The CCMPO is housed in the CRPA and is responsible for County-wide transportation planning. Centre County has a population of approximately 158,000 people and is home to Penn State University’s main campus. The area is a beautiful combination of a dynamic university community surrounded by suburban and rural communities in the green mountains and farms of central Pennsylvania. The area has all the advantages of a university town including a wide variety of educational and cultural opportunities, Big Ten sports, and many outdoor adventures close by.
The CRPA is seeking a talented individual to fill the Principal Transportation Planner position in the organization. Key skills include:
• The ability to work in a complex organizational environment and to build consensus with elected officials, appointed officials, residents, authorities, and other stakeholders.
• Detailed working knowledge of the functions and responsibilities of Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
• Knowledge of state and federal transportation policy. Working knowledge of PennDOT policies is a plus.
• Ability to integrate all forms of transportation planning into other goals such as sustainability, land use planning, and community infrastructure.
• Personnel management experience, including the ability to mentor, inspire, and lead staff.
• Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in making public presentations.
The position provides support to the Centre County MPO Coordinating and Technical Committees, the COG Land Use and Community Infrastructure Committee, and the COG General Forum.
Experience: Five years, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary Range: $72,000 - $90,000 - Starting salary based upon skills and qualifications
AICP Certification: Preferred, not required
The CRPA will accept cover letters and resumes e-mailed to email@example.com until Friday, October 22, 2021. Applicants must include a completed pre-screening questionnaire found at www.crcog.net/employment in the submittal. COG is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Marcella Hoffman, CRPA Office Manager
Phone: (814) 231-3050