How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/3v6JQZK by October 20, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200 reviews.
We are hiring an entry-level communications officer to join our NCDOT Communications team in our Raleigh NC Headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Assist writing news releases and articles, developing communication plans and social media content, and provide project management.
- Fulfill public record requests.
- Participate in the planning, developing, executing, and evaluating communication outreach strategies and plans promoting NCDOT and out programs to internal and external audiences.
- Work NCDOT business units to identify their communications needs.
- Proactively pursue opportunities to effectively communicate NCDOT’s goals and promote our programs to a variety of audiences.
- Interact occasionally with the NCDOT Secretary of Transportation, deputy secretaries, other senior leaders, division engineers, and NCDOT staff.
- Learn, understand, and support NCDOT's goals and commitments so these may be effectively communicated internally and externally through various mediums.
What You Bring
- Ability to synthesize complex information so it can be understood by a variety of audiences.
- Agility to balance multiple responsibilities under tight deadlines.
- Team player able to maintain professional working relationships within and outside NCDOT.
- Thorough knowledge writing and editing written communications.
- Thorough knowledge of NC public record laws.
- Demonstrated ability handling multiple projects/priorities simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability planning public information programs and disseminating information to the public via a variety of media, including print, video, and social media platforms.
- Experience traveling and adjusting your schedule to meet project needs and in crisis situations.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, public affairs, media journalism, English, or a related field; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Tammy Stewart at 919.707.2660.
Connect with NCDOT Careers on LinkedIn: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs