How to Apply
You MUST apply online at https://bit.ly/30pMoaj by October 20, 2021 at Midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don't take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200 reviews.
We are hiring a communications officer for NCDOT's Aviation Division as a member of our NCDOT Communications team in our Raleigh NC Headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Be a writer, media relations coordinator, marketer and spokesperson for NCDOT Aviation.
- Handle speeches and presentations for NCDOT Aviation leadership and other Communications office projects.
- Plan, develop, execute, and evaluate communication strategies and plans promoting NCDOT & Aviation programs to internal and external audiences.
- Interact with NCDOT Aviation senior management and staff, the NCDOT Communications Office team, NCDOT leadership, the NCDOT Secretary of Transportation, NC Board of Transportation, Deputy Secretaries, division engineers, and other employees.
- Write news releases, articles, communication and marketing plans, speeches, and social media content.
- Identify communications needs and proactively pursue opportunities to effectively communicate NCDOT’s goals and promote our programs diverse audiences.
- Learn, understand, and support NCDOT goals and commitments so these can be effectively communicated internally and externally through available mediums.
What You Bring
- A strong working knowledge of NCDOT operations.
- Ability to synthesize complex information so it can be understood by a range of audiences.
- Skills to balance multiple responsibilities under tight deadlines and maintain professional working relationships with individuals within and outside NCDOT.
- Thorough knowledge of writing and editing written communication, speech writing and AP style.
- Demonstrated ability handling multiple projects/priorities simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Experience traveling and adjusting work schedule to meet the needs of projects and crisis situations.
- Thorough knowledge of media relations and effective use of social media.
- Demonstrated ability planning public information programs and disseminating information to the public through a variety of media, including print, video, and social media platforms.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, public affairs, media journalism, English, or a related field, and
- 2+ years experience in communications, public relations, or publicity; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Tammy Stewart at 919.707.2660.
Connect with NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs