We are looking for a City Engineer with strong project management and leadership skills complemented by exceptional collaboration and people skills. The successful candidate will have experience in a municipal setting managing and overseeing capital improvement and infrastructure projects to ensure design and construction meet standards and permit requirements. We are looking for candidates with the ability to manage and lead teams and provide technical engineering expertise to support their work. Collaborative, creative, problem solvers are successful here in McMinnville. Like many municipalities, our resources are limited, and our project list is long; your ability to collaborate and think outside the box is invaluable in this role.
Specifically, we’re looking for an experienced mid-level manager who:
- Has solid management experience and can communicate expectations, clarify roles and responsibilities, delegate, and maintain accountability within their team
- Can effectively collaborate and coordinate with the entire Public Works Department including teams in Park Maintenance, Streets Maintenance, and Wastewater Services.
- Can oversee the planning, design, cost estimating, and construction management for infrastructure and capital improvement projects
- Can prepare, manage, and monitor an annual department budget
- Has experience with state and federal grants
- Can review plans, reports, and impact studies for compliance with City standards and permit regulations and recommend development conditions of approval.
- Has experience managing contracts
- Can calculate and assess fees and charges for systems development charges, inspection fees, and the like
- Can work with conflict and tension as priorities vary between developers, planners, and residents
- Truly embodies public service and manages their team with a strong work ethic