Under the general guidance of Chief Information Officer (CIO), Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for establishing and maintaining the information security program to ensure that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure and processes are adequately protected in the digital ecosystem of City of College Station. The ISO is responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on legal and regulatory, IT, and cybersecurity risk to information assets, while supporting and advancing business objectives.
The ISO will proactively work with business units and partners to implement practices that meet agreed-on policies and standards for information security. The ISO will be responsible for implementing and running the enterprise information security program.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field and five (5) years experience in the information technology, computing, and communications environment
- two (2) years Information Security administration experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Texas Driver's License
- the ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- the ability to analyze and assess programs, policies and operational needs and make appropriate adjustments
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation Certification, or the ability to obtain within twelve (12) months of employment
- Professional security management certification, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, or the ability to obtain one or more security management certifications within 12 months of employment
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT as well as those from NIST, including 800-53 and Cybersecurity Framework is essential for success AND
- the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Master's Degree in computer science, public administration or business.
- Familiarity with the structure and various functions of City government.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Letter of Interest to:
Initial review of candidates will be December 2, 2019, however the position is open until we find the best candidate to join our team! Please see our web page for more information: https://bit.ly/2QVoWuL
Questions? Please reach out to Diana Clendenin, email@example.com