The City of Shoreview is accepting applications for a full-time Senior Planner in our Community Development Department. This position is central to anticipating neighborhood needs, assisting with planning efforts, and enhancing Shoreview’s livability for our residents.
- Provide information on land use applications, ordinances, codes, plans and related planning programs, services or regulations to architects, engineers, developers, contractors, business owners, residents, other agencies and staff
- Review development proposals and related land use permit applications, site plans, variance applications, etc.; examine for compliance with applicable City, state and federal regulations
- Process permit applications from residents and developers; provide follow-up to assure compliance with development agreements and permits
- Assist with planning studies and complex land use and zoning application reviews, facilitate and coordinate planning and zoning community outreach and perform advanced level professional planning work involving both current and long-range planning
- Perform day-to-day communication activities including gathering information and preparing reports; maintaining up-to-date codes, policies and community information; providing customer service
- Prepare and present staff reports to city council, planning commission, and other boards and committees
- Provide staff support to the planning commission
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
This list is not intended to include all essential job functions, but is representative of the typical job duties.
Note: This position requires regular and reliable attendance, the ability to concentrate and manage multiple priorities with frequent interruptions, strong written and verbal communication skills, strong customer service skills, and the ability to work well with others.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in land use planning, urban planning or closely related field
- Four years municipal planning experience
- Valid driver’s license and satisfactory motor vehicle report
- Additional municipal planning experience
- Planning project experience
- Additional education or AICP certification (American Institute of Certified Planners)
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, plus evening meetings as required
Hiring Salary Range: $70,387 - $73,944 annually, plus excellent benefits. (2021 full salary range: $70,387 – $85,592) This position does not receive overtime pay.