It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Broadcast Assistant PT to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
As a Broadcast Assistant for the City, you will be coordinating live broadcasting and programming as well as assisting with system management, troubleshooting, new installation, and repairs.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Assists with activities and provides technical assistance related to the operation of audio/visual cable television, taping, and/or televising of public meetings.
- Operates controls and directs cameras and audio for weekly meetings via the City's Rushworks VDESK and ALIST platforms.
- May support Multimedia Specialist when shooting video for PfTV - including filming/editing.
- Assists with sharing of video content to Youtube and City social media accounts.
- May assist with outside video production vendors to accomplish projects exceeding in-house service levels.
- This position will work evenings to support City Council meetings, board and commission meetings, and events.
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have previous experience with master control and live broadcast production and be skilled in the operation and use of a variety of video/audio production equipment.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Coursework in television production, or closely related field, or equivalent experience.
- Master control experience is a plus.
- Experience in programming digital video content to a cablecast television station is highly desired.
- Experience with Adobe software including Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, and Photoshop.
- Valid Texas driver's license with a driving record that meets City guidelines.
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!