SALARY: $108,097.60 - $157,144.00 Annually
CLASSIFICATION: Unclassified STATUS: Full-Time Regular
FLSA: Exempt position, not eligible for overtime compensation.
OPENING DATE: 11/19/21 CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Leads the city’s efforts to develop effective working relationships with other levels of government, and lobbies on behalf of the city on a variety of legislative and regional issues. Supports the City's interests while developing and implementing strategies which achieve good public policy.
Education and Experience
· A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution.
· Five years of legislative and/or public policy experience.
· Must have at least one year of Lead or Supervisory experience.
· An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for experience and/or education requirements on a year-for-year basis.
o Experience developing, researching and analyzing public policy.
o Experience in lobbying efforts on a variety of issues applicable to local government.
o Master’s Degree.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
· Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
· Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
· Works as an advocate of the City's positions on issues before the U.S. Congress, State Legislature and regional governing boards, as well as to develop Scottsdale's relationship with other municipal organizations and special interest groups throughout Arizona.
· Briefs elected officials, City Manager and senior management on complex municipal and community issues.
· Researches and develops recommendations on City-wide policies, programs, procedures, special projects, services, pending legislation and other administrative issues; performs and/or manages the performance of high-level, sophisticated research and evaluation efforts.
· Interprets Federal, State and City statutes, ordinances, rules and regulations. Makes sound independent decisions in accordance with established policy.
· Coordinates development, approval and advocacy of City's position on proposed Federal and State legislation and regulations.
· Acts as the City's Designated Public Lobbyist.
· Works on intergovernmental contracts and acts as the primary contact between City and State and Federal governmental/political entities.
A completed online application is required to be considered. Online applications will be available at the City of Scottsdale’s website in the Job Opportunities page at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/scottsdaleaz.
First Review of applications on Monday, December 6, 2021.