VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG
Human Resources Department
101 Schaumburg Court, Schaumburg, IL 60193
The Village of Schaumburg is a thriving community of 78,732 residents located 12 miles west of O’Hare International Airport and approximately 26 miles northwest of Chicago. Not only is Schaumburg the twelfth-largest community in the State of Illinois, but it is also home to the second-largest concentration of retail, office, and commercial activity. Notable village distinctions include being named one of the "Top Ten Best Places to Live" by Money Magazine; being ranked No. 5 overall in WalletHub's "Best Illinois Cities for Jobs"; and receiving the Distinguished Budget Presentation Award from the Government Finance Officers Association for meeting the highest principles of governmental budgeting for the seventh consecutive year.
The village employs approximately 600 employees in 12 departments, including police, fire, engineering and public works, communications, community development, cultural services, economic development, finance, general government, human resources, information technology, and transportation. Our employees work to serve the residents and strive to make Schaumburg the best community it can be.
NOW ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF:
Benefits Coordinator (Human Resources) with an online application deadline of 01/23/2022.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted as applications are received. This position will remain open until filled.
STARTING PAY RATE: $31.05 - $34.54 per hour based on a 40-hour workweek. Salary dependent on qualifications. The salary range for this position is $31.05 - $45.02
Please attach as part of your application all necessary documents verifying that you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
This position assists with administering all employee benefits programs and Healthy U wellness initiatives offered by the Village. This position is the primary contact for all benefits and wellness related matters and inquiries which include providing assistance and information, coordinating benefits and wellness related meetings, presentations, and activities, preparing correspondence, maintaining files and completing related administrative tasks.
To succeed in this role the ideal candidate will need to effectively and clearly communicate to a full range of people both verbally and non-verbally, inside and outside the organization, prioritize multiple projects, and organize time and resources efficiently. Additionally, the candidate shall be able to work cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals and have the ability to use sound judgment in effective decision-making. We are looking to add a team member who is good at the planning and process behind coming up with ideas and turning them into successful action plans.
1. Assists active and retired employees with benefits administration, claims and changes; assists with the coordination of annual open enrollment activities; processes documentation related to terminations. Serves as the main point of contact for benefit vendors. Performs benefits administrative support functions.
2. Assists in the Village Wellness efforts. Serves as the Wellness Programs Coordinator and Healthy U Committee liaison. Recommends and coordinates wellness programs that will impact overall claims and cost to the village.
3. Assists with the worker’s compensation program including the review of employee injury reports and processing claims through the third-party administrator.
4. Assists with FMLA and Special Leave processes and systems.
5. Assists with carrying out special projects, maintaining division records, and participating on internal committees.
6. Responsible for confidential information and document management.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
2. A minimum of five years of experience in benefits administration. Experience in a municipal environment preferred.
3. CBP (Certified Benefits Professional), CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) or similar benefits certification preferred.
4. Proficiency with current computer software systems, including email, calendar programs, job specific software, and customer service systems preferred or within the first six months of employment.
Ability to create content for publications and give presentations to groups for informational and instructional purposes. Ability to make objective decisions using sound judgment for issue resolution. Effective skills in oral, written, and interpersonal communications Ability to make decisions in accordance with established regulations, procedures or policy. Knowledge of principles, procedures and methods used in human resources administration. Research, interpret and administer federal, state and local laws relating to human resources/benefits issues.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. This position works in a typical office setting.
2. Prolonged periods of concentration, proofreading and extensive computer work.
The Village of Schaumburg has a competitive benefit package which includes: flexible benefit Section 125 plan including health, dental, vision, and life insurance as well as medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts, a retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund, paid holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, tuition reimbursement, and more.
Candidate screening process may consist of an application review, skills testing, employability assessment, interviews, reference checks, and other job-related testing or verifications. Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
THE VILLAGE OF SCHAUMBURG IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER