It's a great time to be in Pflugerville!
The City of Pflugerville is seeking its next Utility Superintendent to join our team! The person we seek will believe in and exhibit the City's P.F.I.R.S.T. core values: Positive, Forward-thinking, Integrity, Resilience, Service, and Teamwork.
City of Pflugerville employees enjoy three (3) weeks of paid vacation along with 14 paid holidays a year, an attractive retirement plan where the City puts in 2 dollars for every 1 dollar you put into retirement, and the possibility to work from home!
As a Utility Superintendent for the City, you will be providing technical and data support for the Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection Departments.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensuring water and wastewater system quality and accuracy by field work, contractor/ vendor communication and direction.
- Inspects and inputs documents, reports, CCTV data and work orders to various databases and data collection systems.
- Serves as the technical and data support subject matter expert that may include but not limited to: CCTV repair, line locating, parts inventory or cross-connection devices, work order systems, web-based GIS solutions.
- Providing knowledge of city infrastructure and ordinances to ensures proper compliance with all State Regulations.
- Assists other departments by providing services and support.
- Other duties as assigned
If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will have previous experience and knowledge pertaining to the construction, operation, and maintenance of water and wastewater plants and infrastructures.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- Formal Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Relatable Work Experience: 4 years of work in a similar position with another utility or Class C Water Distribution or Class II Wastewater Collections license
- Training (Licenses(s) and/or Certification(s): Valid Texas driver's license or the ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Preferred Qualifications: Class C Water Distribution or Class II Wastewater Collections license
- Health benefits including City paid Medical
- Generous Leave - including 3 weeks' vacation, 2½ weeks sick, community service hours and wellness hours
- Retirement - 7% 2:1, (7% employee contribution and 14% City match)
- Sick Leave Pool option
- Long Term Disability paid by City
- Military Leave
- Education Reimbursement
- City paid basic term life insurance policy
For more details about the benefits offered by the City please visit: https://www.pflugervilletx.gov/city-government/people-and-culture/benefits
If you are someone interested in making a difference in the community and wish to be a part of the Pflugerville team, go to pflugervilletx.gov under Employment Opportunities and apply today!