The City of Greeley is seeking a talented Rates and Budget Analyst committed to providing operational excellence in water and sewer financial management and rate setting. As a part of the Water & Sewer Department, you will work with an energetic group of water and sewer professionals dedicated to serving the City, our citizens, and the Northern Colorado regional economy. Collaborate with a talented team committed to improving public and environmental health though investment in infrastructure and water supplies that serves our collective future.
The individual selected for this position will be a critical member of the City's Water and Sewer financial team. The Rate and Budget Analyst will lead the City's water and sewer rate setting and budget development process. Leading this effort requires collaboration with capital program managers, operational leaders, and other financial professionals.
This position requires a self-motivated candidate with sound technical, financial modeling, and problem solving skills who can work independently. Additionally, this position will be the key Water and Sewer staff person for organizing, tracking, and communicating the department's contractual requirements.
We need you! Public service is an honorable profession and local public service provides the opportunity to work directly with the people we serve. Come be a part of Greeley - A City Achieving Community Excellence.
First review of applications will be November 11th, 2019. This is a continuous posting and may be removed without notice. Apply today!
Experience, Knowledge, Skills
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Geography, Finance, Accounting, Natural Resource Economics or a related field required.
- 3-5 years' budget analysis required.
- Experience with rate modeling for an enterprise fund required.
- Experience with managing contracts and coordinating the required actions contained within those contracts.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Advanced proficiency in using Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and other software.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to advocate technical findings and positions to a general audience.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to research technical and historical documents.
- A valid Colorado driver license and safe driving record.
- Rate and cash flow modeling:
- Responsible for development, analysis, and maintenance of department rate models;
- Provide reporting and presentations to Executive Level Management as well as applicable board members and City Council;
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis on an as needed basis.
- Development of department budget:
- Responsible for the development, analysis and maintenance of department budget;
- Responsible for review of Capital and Operating Budgets within Department and make or suggest changes as needed.
- Contract management
- Identify, organize, and report on contract provisions within the water and sewer department.
- Special Projects:
- Participate or lead special projects that have department financial impact.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Majority of time will be spent in an office, utilizing computer and related technology, attending meetings and with occasional field work necessary.
- Vision enough to interpret computer screens and documents to assist the public and complete work assignments.
- Manual dexterity to operate a personal computer and equipment.
- Hearing and speech enough to communicate effectively with consultants, agencies, water user stakeholders, developers, and other internal and external customers.
City of Greeley - 1000 10 Street - Greeley, Colorado - 80631 - (970-350-9561)