The City of Naperville seeks a skilled professional to coordinate the efforts of all Electric Utility divisions to achieve optimum efficiency in building and maintaining a reliable and cost-effective infrastructure. This position ensures alignment of work plans with business performance goals, priorities & objectives, and builds effective work week schedules to ensure the safe and efficient utilization of resources
As the Work Management Supervisor, you will be responsible for the scheduling, preparation and execution of all construction tasks, projects, and tests associated with an approved budget. You will effectively level weekly work schedules to drive the safe and efficient utilization of utility resources.
The Electric Utility
As a public utility owned by the customers it serves, Naperville’s electric utility has proudly served the community for 120 years. Bringing power to 60,000 customers each month, the utility provides reliable, quality, responsive and cost-efficient services in support of the health, welfare & growth of the City. This is achieved principally by effective operation, maintenance and replacement activities; a well-planned and executed capital improvement program; an active employee safety and training program; and continuous public information. Locally controlled and managed, the Naperville Electric Utility provides rates that are among the lowest in the state. Other benefits of local management include greater reliability, efficiency and responsiveness to customer concerns.
Naperville is the 4th largest city in Illinois. Its electric utility maintains 16 substations, 60 miles of transmission and 1000 miles of distribution lines (of which 94% are underground), and has a 350 MW peak demand / 1,400,000 MWh annually. Over a decade ago, Naperville modernized its electric grid via the installation of 60,000 smart-meters and a wireless & fiber-optic backbone. This City-wide Smart Grid allows the utility to better analyze electricity consumption, and to offer an on-line energy portal to its electric customers
Reporting to the Customer Connections Manager in the Utility Engineering division, your primary duties as the Work Management Supervisor will include:
- Preparing annual schedules for Capital Improvement Programs that align with the approved departmental budget
- Interfacing with other Utility divisions and representing Work Management regarding process and procedural issues
- Monitoring key performance measures, controls, and procedures to ensure the consistent application of the Work Management process across the Department of Public Utilities – Electric (DPU-E).
- Supporting organizational adherence to schedules, milestones, key performance measures, controls and procedures for consistent application of the Work Management process across utility operations. Instilling accountability for adherence to the process and completion of planned work.
- Supporting a learning organization that fosters a high-performance culture.
- Condition assessment reporting and benchmarking.
- Developing and implementing automated method(s) to collect data from DPU-E systems with consistency & accuracy. Developing reports to support effective data analytics and utility system performance & evaluation.
- Being involved in all new and replacement utility construction projects, and providing professional and technical assistance and project updates.
As a member of the management/supervisory team you will operate collaboratively and strategically with your peers. This position will have up to 3 direct reports, and will maintain budget planning responsibilities for the Customer Connections section of the DPU-E Engineering division.
At a minimum, applicants must possess:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field (engineering, construction management etc.) *Extensive years of experience in Engineering, Construction, Project Management or Work management may substitute for the formal degree.
• Five (5) years’ work management-related experience helping organizations create efficient workflow structures and/or streamlining multiple business/operations processes so teams may work efficiently.
• Valid State of Illinois Driver’s License.
Preferred credentials include previous experience working for an electric utility, and an ability to demonstrate strong written & verbal communication skills, & problem-solving skills. These persons will be able to apply a substantial work management skill set and will possess proven abilities to establish positive working relationships, communicate clearly, and effectively manage time. Proficiency with computer software including but not limited to: Excel, Word, Power Point, MS Project and Outlook. Knowledge of work management principles and practices. Skills in personnel management and supervision. Skills in effective oral and written communications.
Candidates with a consistent track record of boosting organizational performance, eliminating redundancies within the system, fulfilling client expectations, utilizing resources efficiently, and providing for excellent team collaboration will be given additional consideration.
A dynamic community of 148,000 residents, the City of Naperville is conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago, and occupies 39 square miles. It has gained national recognition for its family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate and vibrant downtown area. Money Magazine frequently includes Naperville among its “Best Cities in the United States” in which to live.
It’s also an excellent place to work! The municipal government employs 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories. In return for your “great service all the time,” we’ll provide you with a collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, a competitive benefits package (including BCBS insurance plans, IMRF pension benefits, paid New Parent Leave, PTO, paid sick time & paid holidays), plus access to the employee fitness center.
It is important that your application is complete and thorough. Please include all requested education, experience, attachments and other information. Resumes and other supporting documents may be provided at the time of application; however, resumes will not be accepted in lieu of an application. Incomplete applications are subject to rejection. Notifications to applicants will be sent electronically to the email address you provide.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066