*Up to $2,000 Sign On Bonus May Be Available*
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis until a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received. The application must be filled out completely; stating "see resume" anywhere in the application, is not an acceptable substitute for a completed application.
Enjoy Industry Leading Benefits:
- Generous paid vacation and extended sick leave, holidays, and flexible work arrangements.
- Free and discounted transportation options to get around Aspen and the Valley.
- Professional development and learning opportunities, including a tuition reimbursement program.
- Health and wellbeing options that include Medical, Dental, Vision, robust and accessible employee assistance program, and nationally recognized wellbeing platform.
- Monetary bonuses for healthy lifestyle choices and to use towards other personal needs.
- Plan for your future with competitive employer contributions to a 401a retirement plans and Social Security, in addition to an individual 457b retirement plan and Roth IRA option. Have peace of mind with life and disability insurance.
The City of Aspen is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Marketing Coordinator
Department: Events and Marketing
Position Summary: Responsible for the marketing of events, programs, memberships, venues/locations for the Parks and Recreation Department including Special Event, Aspen Golf Club, Aspen Tennis, Parks & Open Space and the Red Brick Center for the Arts by planning, scheduling, and monitoring creative advertising campaigns; assists in the marketing and day of operations of special events, consistent with the organization’s values and mission statement.
Supervision Exercised and Received: Position works under the general direction of the Events and Marketing Director.
Hiring Range: $27.15-$30.54
Pay Range: $27.15-$40.72
Essential Job Functions:
- Promotes awareness of Parks and Recreation facilities and activities through executing successful marketing campaigns that are outlined in the Marketing Plan. Works with traditional and new media on building cost-effective and enticing advertising and promotion campaigns, including contests and interactive experiences through social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter). Creates content for social media and the Aspen Recreation Department’s websites (AspenRecreaiton.com, AspenGolf.com and assists with AspenSpecialEvents.com). Places and monitors on and offline advertising media buys, poster/street-team campaigns, etc. Sends time sensitive marketing email communications to opt-in database subscribers, past members, and event entrants. Manages monthly email newsletter content with Parks and Recreation Department. Represents and promotes the Parks and Recreation facilities at local marketing, tourism, and event planning meetings, and other community groups. Advertises City of Aspen produced events to increase awareness and participation. Advertises recreation and golf pass sales. Verifies tear sheets and other media documents for accuracy prior to payment. Maintains media contacts and manages general media relations. Circulates materials to concierges and other tourism contacts. Manages Golf Concierge program with the Golf team. Circulates surveys, as needed, and creates reports on survey data and feedback. Keep up to date on social media and email marketing trends. Update photography for marketing materials and website on an as needed basis; organize photoshoots including hiring photographers, models, and manage photo releases.
- Oversees and manages production of informational materials and print media including posters, rack cards, postcards, recreation brochures, banners, pole banner and other promotional pieces.
- Manage the development of creative, content and printing for Informational Kiosk in the Pedestrian Mall. Information is changed seasonally, or more often based on need.
- Monitoring and updating of online information throughout the organizational websites; AspenRecreation.com, AspenGolf.com and AspenSpecialEvents.com. Including notifying applicable City staff of materials and information that needs to be updated.
- Monitors and maintain Parks and Recreation Department pages on the City of Aspen’s website, works with IT to address site improvements and technical problems.
- Respond to and troubleshoot website issues reported by Parks and Recreation staff.
- Train staff on use of website’s CMS.
- When needed, plan and monitor the upgrade of the organization’s website under the direction of the supervisor.
- Provide website reporting from Google Analytics.
- Coordinate Customer Service Training for the Recreation, Golf, Parks & Open Space Departments and Red Brick Center for the Arts with a third-party consultant. Trainings include interactive group sessions that provide actionable tips to incorporate into daily workflow. Trainings also include train the trainer sessions. Organize on a biannual or as needed basis under direction of supervisor.
- The role performs a variety of customer service duties, such as providing information, greeting and assisting event participants and guests.
- Attends and assists with day of production of special events. Markets events directly to potential participants in collaboration with Event Coordinator.
- Assists Events Director with contract development and management with new / existing vendors. Route through proper internal channels for approval.
- Responsible for accounts payable in ERP system. Manages the Marketing budget lines under the direction of the Events Director.
City Organizational Values
- Supports and models the City of Aspen organizational values: Service, Partnership, Stewardship, and Innovation. Organizational values are shared principles that guide behavior across the organization. This position is responsible for upholding and applying these values while performing daily work functions.
Other duties or special projects as assigned by the director or upper management, including working cross-departmentally or outside of regular department, while maintaining normal job responsibilities.
Core Competencies Displays the following key competencies in the overall job performance to include knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Service: Provides service with excellence, humility, integrity, and respect in daily work, builds trust by listening, treats people with respect, scknowledges opportunities for improvement, and follows through with commitments.
- Partnership: Actively creates strong, supportive internal and external relationships to attain a common goal and achieve greater impact together.
- Stewardship: Balances social, environmental, and financial responsibilities, evaluating the impact of decision making on a thriving future for all.
- Innovation: Develops technical expertise to pursue new ideas and creative outcomes, grounded in Aspen’s unique culture, opportunities, and challenges.
- Communication: Knowledge of effective and appropriate communication. Ability to use knowledge effectively in various contexts which may require oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication.
- Interpersonal: Works to develop strength in interpersonal skills. Has the ability to work well with diverse groups of people, both inside and outside the organization.
- Technology: Demonstrates technology skills sufficient for the nature and level of position. Demonstrates a willingness to learn new technologies and transition job duties accordingly to support technological advances and innovation.
- Promotion: Knowledge of principles and methods for effectively showing, promoting, and selling products or services.
- Business Management: Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people.
- Problem Solving: Ability to recognize problems and effectively work independently or with others to reach a viable solution.
- Project Management: Ability to coordinate multiple projects and schedules effectively, must have multi-tasking skills. Maintains a high level of organization and orderliness
- Marketing: Skill in effectively marketing products to individuals and businesses.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or related field.
Experience: Two years of experience in sales, advertising, promotion, administrative, and/or marketing work.
Technical Knowledge: Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook (Email) and web-based e-commerce. Must also have desktop graphic arts experience with at least two of the following programs: Adobe Photoshop Illustrator, and InDesign. Must have a basic understanding of computers and online computer0based technology applications, which includes working on web-based platforms and content management systems (e.g. Craft, WordPress, and Squarespace) and point-of-sale systems.
Licenses & Certifications: Must possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days of start date.
NOTE: Any combination of experience and education that would likely provide the required abilities, knowledge, and skills as determined by the City of Aspen may be substituted for the requirements above.
NOTE: This position requires a Criminal Background Check upon hire. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Position Type and Work Hours:
- Regular full time, hours may vary with workload.
- Evening meetings will be required in addition to or instead of normal hours.
- Required to work a varied work schedule to include special events on holidays and weekends.
- Indoors: Office environment.
- Outdoors/Off-Site: Attends outdoor events, meetings, and trainings and makes customer service calls to local concierges. Delivery/pick up of marketing materials/items throughout town.
Bending: Bending or position oneself to move an object from one level to another.
Carrying: transporting or moving up to 50 lb. equipment, etc., unassisted
Climbing: Ascending or descending stationary objects.
Crouching: Bending body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination: Performing work through using two or more body parts or other devices.
Gripping/Grasping: Ability to apply pressure with fingers and palm.
Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, through use of hands, fingers, or other means.
Hearing: Perceiving and comprehending the nature and direction of sounds.
Lifting: Moving objects weighing no more than 10 pounds from one level to another.
Reaching: Extending the hands and arms or other device in any direction.
Repetitive motions: Making frequent or continuous movements.
Sitting: Remaining in a stationary position.
Standing: Ability to sustain position for a period of time.
Stooping: Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist.
Talking: Communicating ideas or exchanging information.
Visual Acuity: Ability to bring objects into focus.
Walking: Ability to move to traverse from one location to another.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.