Has direct supervision of all clerical staff. Assumes all supervisory responsibilities in the absence of the County Clerk. Provide customer service to taxpayers. Audit all townships and cemetery districts annual receipt and expenditure reports. Certifies all municipality budgets to the State. Certifies valuations to the State. Sets levies after budgets have been received, checked and valuations finalized. Oversees annual levy changes for Motor Vehicle tax distribution. Creates tax statements. Generates tax rolls for County Treasurer and County Appraiser. Verifies and updates taxing units yearly. Prepares and certifies special assessments. Prepares weekly report of fees collected for Fish and Game licenses, stamps, permits, park permits and other fees. Completes annual office inventory and County Real Property Inventory. Assists with all phases of the elections. Assists election workers on Election Day. Prepares Homestead and Food Sales Tax returns for qualified individuals utilizing the Kansas Department of Revenue online filing system. Sell fish and game licenses, stamps, boat registration and park permit utilizing Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks outdoor automated licensing system. Prepare and issue Class B Club and Transient Merchant Licenses. Performs Notary Public duties. Maintains and updates website for Clerk and Elections. Assist County Clerk in the preparation of annual budget. Takes Commission minutes in the absence of County Clerk. Records transfer of ownership from deeds filed with the Register of Deeds, probates, divorce decrees, death certificates, etc. Provides various reports to the County’s auditor as necessary. Administer Oaths and swear in Sheriff’s Deputies.
1. Must have a High School diploma or the equivalent.
2. Must have an Associate Degree or the equivalent.
3. Experience with general office practices and procedures.
4. Must be able to type at least 40 words per minute.
5. Must be able to operate a 10-key calculator.
6. Must be able to operate a multi-line phone system.
7. Must be able to communicate and work well with the public and other department personnel and staff.
8. Must be proficient in the operation of a personal computer, preferably in Microsoft Office products.
9. Must have experience with cash handling and knowledge of bookkeeping procedures.
10. Must be able to handle confidential information regarding statewide voter registration information. 11. Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
12. Will be required to work overtime during election cycle.
13. The ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, prioritize, pay attention to detail, and maintain accuracy while dealing with constant interruptions.
14. Must have a proven ability to plan and organize work