The City of Naperville is looking for a Network Administrator for their Public Safety IT group. This Network Administrator will perform a variety of technical tasks involving the management and security of the Servers, Directory Services, remote access and enterprise and departmental applications. This position plans and makes recommendations to management group and end users and ensures solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in IT services.
- Administers Directory Services including Users, security groups, GPOs, DNS services, DHCP services, Certificates, Federation, Rights managements, OU’S and directory structure.
- Support for virtual implementations in a clustered environment, including backup and restore.
- Support for cloud implementations, including user access, backup and restore.
- Manages remote access for users and vendors including installing and supporting applications.
- Maintains the Physical Servers that include hardware warranties replacing and adding new servers.
- Communicates with members of the Information Technology Department, and Public Safety city departments, to gain information to resolve problems and improve business processes.
- Support and maintenance of public safety technology products and portfolio
- Maintains inventory records of hardware and software.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate security measures and backup procedures for data, programs and equipment.
- Participates in the rotation of on-call support during off hours (typically 1-week per month)
- Monitors system problems including assisting users with operational problems, performing general maintenance of systems and coordinating maintenance with outside vendors.
- Participates in planning new technologies; and assists in preparing time and cost estimates of proposed projects and applications, performs implementation tasks as needed.
- Monitors trends in the computer industry to ensure maximum capability of computer equipment. Researches and advises management of enhancements/new releases of hardware and software technology.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in network administration and end-user support experience
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) /MCSE (Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Experience with server virtualization technologies, e.g. VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V
- Experience with Azure
- Experience with access security and network edge security in standards-based security applications, e.g., BIT9, Palo Alto
- Experience in a Public Safety environment
The City of Naperville, Illinois is a dynamic community of 148,000 residents, conveniently located 28 miles west of Chicago. Various publications have named Naperville as one of the best cities in the United States in which to live. The City has gained national recognition for our family-friendly environment, excellent schools and library system, low crime rate, and vibrant downtown area. It’s also a great place to work! Our municipal government employs over 900 dedicated individuals in a wide range of job categories and provides a dynamic & collaborative working environment, a forward-looking leadership team, and a competitive benefits package.
THE CITY OF NAPERVILLE IS AN E. O. E.
The City of Naperville complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals needing accommodations in the recruitment process should notify Human Resources in advance at (630) 305-7066.